With the complex machinery and multi-component structure; building and maintaining the grinding machine can be a real task. However, considering that it is a long-term investment with good returns, one can always plan and aim at getting the most out of the surface grinding machines. While the users need to focus on daily care and timely maintenance, the surface grinding machine manufacturers need to incorporate certain machine-oriented techniques that can lead to the most efficient use of the equipment. In this article, we have discussed ten tips that should be implemented to make maximum use of a grinding machine in the most effective manner.
- Maintain the temperatures: Make use of a chiller that will help in maintaining the correct oil temperature. It may be expensive but crucial at the same time making the investment worthwhile. The coolant and ambient temperature should be within one degree of each other and are supposed to stay stabilised.
- Extra care of grinding wheels: Wheels play an essential role in the smooth functioning of any grinding machine. Hence, occasional dressing and conditioning of these grinding wheels are necessary to escalate its performance and enhance the surface finish.
- Follow the manual rules: Whenever purchasing a new machine, one must thoroughly go through the manuals and documents to gain knowledge and prevent errors. Following the advice suggested surface grinding machine manufacturers can go a long way in ensuring the best condition of your equipment in the long run.
- Cleanliness is the key: It is highly recommended to keep the grinding machine system always tidy, structured, and clean. An organised system also prevents components from getting misplaced, helping you save time.
- Effective cooling system: A coolant system should always be kept filtered and clean as it is directly related to the efficient functioning of the grinding machine. Consider investing in a top-quality coolant system because good filtration guarantees sustainability of the system and more productivity.
- Stick to the prescribed schedules: Plan a schedule for maintenance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, as instructed by the grinding machine manufacturer. Strictly take out time for cleaning and maintaining the components to prevent any technical issues from arising in the future. Breakdown maintenance can cause more damage, hence, preventive maintenance is suggested.
- Carefully handle fragile elements: Almost all elements of the machine, like collet adapters, grinding wheels, etc., are costly and fragile. Hence, special care needs to be taken while storing and handling them to sustain their condition and quality.
- Maintain the condition of collets: Collet is one such component that needs to be replaced from time to time as they are consumable. One can’t afford to continue using it with collected dirt or grinding marks
- Supply of air and electrical power: Consider the instructions given by the manufacturer in terms of the quality of air supply and electricity being provided to the machine. These may seem trivial factors but play an important role in saving the machine from future breakdowns.
- Quality of blanks: A lot about the machine’s performance depends on the quality of the blanks and their insertion depth into the collets. Therefore, make sure to invest in high-quality blanks and check correct insertion in the collet.
By following the activities mentioned above, one can undoubtedly sustain their grinding machine equipment for the longest time while making the maximum revenue out of the investment.
Also Read: What materials can wire EDM cut?