Laser cutting has become a preferred technology in many industries due to its precision and accuracy. One of the latest advancements in this technology is the Fiber Laser Cutting Machine.
In this blog, we will discuss everything you need to know about Fiber laser technology, including how a Fiber laser cutting machine works, its advantages, its applications, and what materials can be cut and to what depth.
What is Fiber Laser Cutting?
Fiber laser cutting is a type of laser cutting that uses a high-power laser beam focused through a Fiber optic cable. The Fiber optic cable is made up of flexible glass Fibers that guide the laser beam to the cutting head.
Fiber cutting machines are highly efficient, and the laser beam can be focused on very small spot sizes, enabling it to cut intricate shapes with high precision.
How does Fiber Laser Cutting Technology Work?
- Fiber laser cutting machines work by using a computer-controlled laser to cut through materials.
- The laser beam is generated by a diode and then amplified in a Fiber optic cable.
- It is then focused through a lens and directed onto the material to be cut.
- The laser beam melts or vaporises the material, and a stream of gas blows away the molten or vaporised material.
What Metals Can be Cut With Fiber Laser Cutting Machines?
Laser-based Fiber cutting machines can be used to cut a wide range of materials, including metals such as stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, copper, brass, and titanium.
They can also be used to cut non-metallic materials such as plastics, ceramics, and glass.
How Deep Can a Fiber Laser Cut?
The depth to which a Fiber laser can cut depends on several factors, including the power of the laser, the type of material being cut, the angle of the cut, the quality of the focusing lens, and the speed at which the laser is moving.
In general, Fiber lasers can cut through metals up to several centimetres thick. However, the exact depth that a Fiber laser can cut may vary based on the specific application and the conditions of the laser cutting process.
Pros of Fiber Laser Cutters
Fiber laser technology has several advantages over other cutting technologies:
- High Precision: Fiber laser cutting machines can cut with minute precision, making them suitable for cutting intricate shapes and patterns.
- High Speed: The speed of Fiber laser cutting machines is ideal for cutting large volumes of material quickly.
- Low Operating Costs: Due to their high efficiency and low maintenance requirements, Fiber laser cutting machines have low operating costs
- Versatile: The ability to cut a wide range of materials and their suitability for a variety of applications makes Fiber laser cutting machines highly versatile.
Applications of Fiber Laser Cutting Machines
Fiber laser cutting machines are used in many industries, including:
- Automotive: Cut parts for automobiles, including body panels, exhaust systems, and suspension components.
- Aerospace: Cut parts for aeroplanes, including engine components, fuselage panels, and landing gear.
- Medical: Cut medical devices, including implants, surgical instruments, and prosthetics.
- Electronics: Cut components for electronics, including circuit boards and computer parts.
- Jewellery: Cut intricate designs and patterns in jewellery.
Fiber laser cutting machines are a highly efficient and versatile cutting technology that can be used in a variety of industries. They offer high precision, high speed, low operating costs, and can cut a wide range of materials.
If you’re looking for a cutting technology that offers high precision and efficiency, Fiber laser cutting machines by Phillips India may be the solution you need. You can check out Fiber laser technology solutions like EFC CNC Laser Cutting Machines or BFC CNC Laser Cutting Machines with us.
If you are interested in learning more about Fiber laser cutting technology, please visit our website or contact us today to speak with one of our experts.