Using Phillips Cylindrical Grinders for Your Grinding Operations
Grinding is a manufacturing process that involves using an abrasive tool to remove unwanted material from an object and generate impeccable tolerances and finishes.
There are different types of machines available for your grinding operations including surface grinding, tool and cutter grinding, 5-axes grinding, cylindrical grinding, etc. Each of these types is well suited to specific grinding requirements.
What are Cylindrical Grinders? How do Cylindrical Grinders Work?
The Cylindrical Grinder assists in grinding both external and internal parts of the material. It allows accurate grinding of cylindrical and conical surfaces. The material is held between the centers. The machine has a grinding wheel. The material spins in the direction opposite to that of the grinding wheel.
Also, the grinding wheel moves up and down or side to side and the table on which the workpiece is held moves forward and backwards. This allows the Cylindrical Grinder to offer high-precision grinding.
The usage and application differ based on the industry and the material used.
While the working principle of a Grinding Machine is similar to that of a Lathe, the only difference is that a Lathe uses a stationary cutter/tool whereas a Grinder uses a grinding wheel.
Phillips Cylindrical Grinders
At Phillips, we offer a range of offerings under cylindrical grinding machines including:
- KENT Grinding Machines:
- Saddle Traveling-Type Machines
- Automatic surface grinders
- Automatic lubricating system
- High-quality ribbed cast-iron and tempered castings
- Column Traveling-Type Machines
- Longitudinal table movement for complete support and contact
- Improved dampening
- Automatic lubrication system
- Haas Multigrind Machines (a range of precision grinding machines suited for every need)
- Convenient handling
- Compact and less space required
- Higher productivity and quick production modifications
- Higher flexibility
- Tablet-based intuitive operations with a futuristic software
- Palmary Machines (one of the leading manufacturers of grinding machines in the world)
- High precision wheel heads
- Structural stability and rigidity with spindle heads
- High accuracy of grinding
- Ease of operation
- Flexibility of operation
Applications and Industries of Phillips Cylindrical Grinders
- Aerospace Industry
- Military Productions
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Textile Industry
- Office Applications
- Guiding and clamping technology
- Drive and turbine technology
- Energy and environment technology
Types of Cylindrical Grinding Processes
- External Grinding – This is one of the most common grinding processes and is used for the surface grinding of cylindrically similar workpieces. There are different types of external grinding processes including Plunge Grinding, Oscillation Grinding, Centerless Plunge Grinding and Centerless Oscillation Grinding
- Internal Grinding – In this process, the internal surfaces of a cylindrical workpiece are machined using a small grinding wheel. There are two types of internal grinding processes – Plunge grinding and Oscillation grinding
Types of Cylindrical Grinding Machines
- Outside Diameter Machine
- Inside Diameter Machine
- Plunge Grinding Machine
- Creep Feed Grinding Machine
- Centerless Grinding Machine
At Phillips Machine Tools, we understand the Indian market and have evolved into one of the leading distributors of various machining solutions including Cylindrical Grinders in the country. With world-class grinding machines from manufacturers like KENT, Haas Multigrind, and Palmary, we help you manage your machining needs optimally.
Also Read: Guide to Surface and Cylindrical Grinding